Saturday, June 30, 2007

Bound for the Border


We are heading for the border for the 4th of July week. My son and I will be joining several of my brothers and sisters in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area in northern Minnesota. This is an annual trip that has become somewhat of a tradition and for once I'm joining in.

My son and I bought new fishing gear and upgraded our tent camping equipment. The little pop-up camper we had used for many years was sold this year - so it's back to the basics for us.

The weather here in the cities (which is several hundred miles south of the BWCA) has been spectacular. So, here's to hoping it remains spectacular!

















Lord knows I need a vacation. My life has become so complicated and with work being so busy due to manpower shortages my mind is fried. Not to worry all the problems and pressures will be waiting for me when I get back. For one week I will try as hard as I can to cleanse my mind... Wish me luck.




CW

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use just those sort of vacations to clear my mind and get right with God. I wish you well on yours! I wish I could take such a trip today, right now, this minute.

al fin said...

I've been hearing and reading about the boundary waters for many years.

One of these days I'll make it up there myself--with a lot of mosquito repellent.

Have a great time!