Saturday, July 12, 2008

"What If God Was One of Us?"

In the immortal words of Joan Osbourne "What If God Was One of Us?"
If God had a name what would it be?
And would you call it to his face?
If you were faced with him
In all his glory
What would you ask if you had just one question?
What if God was one of us?
Just a slob like one of us
Just a stranger on the bus
Trying to make his way home


I know this is not an original observation on my part but the Obama/Messiah mystique is starting to get creepy. It's not only the panty wetters in the U.S. that are getting to me, but also the number of foreigners who are staking so much on the ascension of Barack Obama to the throne...Err Oval Office.

Well, there is a web site devoted to tracking the ministry of Obamessiah that you might want to check with occasionally. The site 'Is Barack Obama the Messiah?' quite fairly reports on published media stories that support the perception that what we are a witness to is none other than the second coming.

There is also a companion web site called "Obama For Messiah '08" that features campaign art that is a real hoot. But not everyone is laughing. How is it that the main stream media is completely ignoring this particular angle? Or is that they too are completely mesmerized?

At one time there was a serious adulation on the part of conservatives for Ronald Reagan (Ronaldus Maximus) but it never even came close to this phenomenon. And the press at the time... Plenty skeptical, and plenty critical of Reagan and his supporters.

If Obama is elected it is my hope he turns out to be a good thing for our country and the world (what the hell, the whole universe). I have my doubts. Truly, truly I say unto you: this is OK. The namesake of my Church, St. Thomas the Apostle, was the greatest known doubter in the world. The Lord understood and set out to make a believer out of Doubting Thomas. Can Obamessiah make a believer out of me? You?

As one commenter on the right-leaning American Thinker web site said:

I try to be rational about Obama, but I just can't help myself. His "style over substance" approach reminds me so much of the guy who plays the antichrist in those "Left Behind" movies that it's uncanny. They have the same atmosphere of encouraging bizarre devotion in the weak-willed while simultaneously creeping the heck out of anyone with common sense. They act and speak similarly. They even kind of look alike, allowing for racial differences. Add in all the way Obama borrows his advertising style exclusively from leftist mass-murderers like Hitler, Lenin and Che, and it creeps me out. I feel like I'm living through Omen III- The final Conflict or something.



CW

No comments: