What are you talking about fool?
Conspiracy theories of course. You know, the Soviet take over of the U.S.
Huh? The Soviet Union is dead, man get with the times.
Many years ago the list of communist goals for America was culled form a book called "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen and brought to the attention of Congress in 1963. The reality of what has happened to this country in the interim is a testament to the power of the long view held by the true believers. In 2008 they had reached the very pinnacle by putting a neophyte (and true believer) in the White House with the help of a media complex that literally looked other way or outright lied to ensure his victory - twice.
There have been bumps in road, I would say the era's of Eisenhower and Reagan slowed things down a bit, but it has been a slow steady march that has lead us to the deathbed of the West. It is amazing how many "goals" the communists (or socialists if you prefer) have achieved.
I present nothing new here that we haven't heard before, but it doesn't mean the hand wringing over these cultural losses are any less serious especially when viewed together. Here in no particular order are the biggies...
- Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
- Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
- Permit free trade between all nations regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
- Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
- Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art."
- - Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.
- - Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
- - Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy."
- - Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
- - Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
- - Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
- - Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use "united force" to solve economic, political or social problems.