Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Commissioned Art

Here is my latest painting and my last for a while since my office at home will be turned into an... office. It's tax season and my easel had to be taken down to make room for the craft table that will support reams of paper for this years tax preparation marathon. Every year I long for a flat tax so that this whole charade can be accomplished by attaching electronic versions of my W2's to an ssl secured IRS Web app and we'd be done with it. But that's a subject for a different rant...

This painting was commissioned by my wife. She hopes to hang it up in her new office, in her new building where she works for a brand new company (presumably they have no pictures on the walls). The subject was taken from one of our favorite photographers and a fellow Minnesotan, Jim Brandenburg. Brandenburg is a rather famous fellow in the photography game having worked for many years with National Geographic Magazine. He has produced a handful of very successful books and documentaries featuring his work. He lives and works in the Ely, MN area right on the edge of Minnesota's famous Boundary Waters Canoe Area.



"Rookie Lake Overlook"
18X24 (acrylic)
2007



No comments: