Saturday, April 28, 2007

Brain Drain...

Not enough time in one day -

We are short handed at work these days and the stuff that needs to be done around the house never decreases. One finds himself literally brain dead by Friday.

We were doing some testing for a critical project Friday afternoon and I couldn't concentrate on all the different variables and scenarios. Basically it became pointless to continue...

Thank God my adult daughter called saying her car broke down. It was my chance to pack it in and dismiss myself. As it turned out she was simply out of gas - "... it doesn't make sense I just put 5 dollars in the tank yesterday???" "Umm, hate to tell you this," I said as we drove past the gas station on the way to get my gas can. "At $2.95 a gallon your five bucks might have gotten you home from gas station."

We had a take out pizza for dinner and the next thing I knew I woke up at midnight on the couch having missed the Minnesota Twins come from behind victory over the Tigers. I can't remember the last time I crashed like that.

My new motto seems to be more prescient everyday - "Life is Messy!"

It's tough on guys like me who like order and symmetry (and a clean kitchen). As I approach 50 years old in just a few years I have one question... When does it get easier?


CW

No comments: