Thursday, May 31, 2007

Follow Up: A Failed Presidency

Cut and run. No, I'm not talking about Iraq - I refer to President Bush's former supporters. The blogosphere on the conservative side is abuzz with near universal condemnation of the immigration compromise bill (actually, it's an immigration amnesty bill). People are offended and angry with the President and are jumping off the sinking ship that is this presidency.

Just look at some of the comments posted on Lucianne.com's forum:

Posted by: Jebediah, 5/31/2007 7:45:50 AM

MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY!!!!!!!!!! Can't begin to tell you how disgusted we are with George Bush on this one, and are POSITIVE this total unwillingness to protect the S. border is connected to his North American Treaty pact with Mexico and Canada re: trade and that superhighway. Why on EARTH should we trust this man on the borders when he has done nothing to fortify them over the past 6 years.

Posted by: intrepid, 5/31/2007 7:50:25 AM

I voted for King George twice and am now sorry I did.

Posted by: MainelySane, 5/31/2007 8:01:23 AM

...Obviously, there is no longer a difference between Republicans and Democrats. For me, this immigration "reform" bill has finally caused me to see the light. I vowed in the past to NEVER EVER vote for a Democrat again. I'm beginning to think the same of Republicans. I worked for Bush's election and re-election. I worked phone banks for him. If HE doesn't care about the sovereignty of our nation, then we're in deep trouble. If Congress doesn't care about the sovereignty of our nation, then we're in deep trouble. When NEITHER of them care about the sovereignty of our nation, we have no nation. We need no laws. We need to be willing to protect ourselves.

Posted by: TiminPhoenix, 5/31/2007 8:30:53 AM

I now question him and thus myself on everything he has said.

All he has done is cause the one third that still supported him, is to wonder if he has been as big an idiot on other things. And if he was, perhaps we were as well.

He doesn't deserve support, because all the good he has done, will be completely negated by what he does now.

A Captain that plugs a hole on the port side of his ship (the War on Terror), while not only ignoring, but actually widening a hole on Starboard side, is still going to sink his ship.

Posted by: Seething Citizen, 5/31/2007 9:13:38 AM

I worked very hard, personally, for the election and re-election of President Bush. What a colossal blunder. This man is an impostor, a fraud. Today, I would only vote to impeach him. If he had had his way, we would have two totally incompetent buffoons, Alberto Gonzales and Harriet Miers as our latest Supreme Court justices. He has spent like a drunken sailor, signed McCain-Feingold into law and supported his friend, Johnny Sutton, the rogue persecutor of our own Border Patrol. And now he gleefully insults his former most loyal base.


Well there you have it. These are the nicer comments I have read on this predominantly conservative forum. While there are things I admire about President Bush I can't help but be supremely disappointed now. He has squandered everything his reelection should have bought him. Perhaps his extreme inarticulateness has made us misunderstand his rationale for supporting this immigration policy, but I doubt it. I think we "get it". It is no wonder that EVERYONE who leaves his administration is disaffected enough to write an unflattering book.

Jan 2009 can't come fast enough...



CW


No comments: