Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day 2007

As one who came of age in the late 70's when the draft was long over and the lure of the military was at its lowest I never served my country in uniform. I never regretted it one way or the other. In those days I was working on my dream of becoming a rock star and boot camp was the furthest thing from my mind.

As the current war drags on and the debate and the casualties mount I couldn't hold the men and women who now serve in higher esteem. God bless them all.

When we look back at this time in history through the filter of that great cleanser called time all of us will have a lot of soul searching to do. Depending on the state of the world at the time will we be satisfied that we took the battle to the enemy of our civilization and won or will we be facing the reality of a feeble effort that left us divided, torn and immersed in a world governed by sharia law?

Whatever fate befalls the world we can be assured that our military, the men and women of the United States Armed Services came to the call and fought with honor. They did this in the shadow of nation as ill-served by the press as it was by the civilian leaders who either didn't play it to win or were intent on the pulling the rug out from under them.




CW

No comments: