Tuesday, September 25, 2007

PAINTING: One Morning In Mytilini


"One Morning In Mytilini"
22" x 30"
(acrylic)

2007

"A traditional style fishing troller, just returned from a typical all-night fishing expedition, is moored in Mytilini harbor on Lesvos Island, Greece . In the background, the distinctive old Great Brittania hotel."

Artist Notes: This was one of the most painstaking and satisfying paintings I have ever attempted. I just happened across a photo of this scene at greece.org and it just drew me in. I have subsequently found the same photo on several travel websites, apparently it is rather famous... I hope you enjoy this. Be sure to click on the picture to see a larger view!

Please visit my online art gallery to see many more... http://www.static-art.blogspot.com/



Craig Willms

No comments: