Friday, September 12, 2008

Charlie, Charlie, Charlie

Gov. Palin's first interview fails to impress...

While I really like her and what she has accomplished in her short time in politics I was less than "knocked out" after watching the Charlie Gibson interview on ABC.

For one, I don't like when people constantly invoke the name of the person they are talking to. He knows his name for God's sake. It comes off as slightly condescending. She did this constantly.

Speaking of condescending... Charlie Gibson was doing his best pompous ass routine. His body language and tone were unmistakable. Still, this is big time politics and Sarah Palin seemed out of her league with some of her responses.

What I do like is her confidence. It is a trait that is vital to a leader. Make decisions, don't blink. However, it is clear she is not ready to be the President of the United States on day one.

Do I think she can do the job of Vice-President? Yes, with both eyes closed and one hand tied behind her back. While it has been said (by Joe Biden of Barack Obama) the Presidency doesn't lend itself to on the job training - but it would seem to me that the Vice Presidency does.

I watched John McCain on the National Service forum last night and it is plain to see he is man with a command of the issues and the process of government and I say what better mentor could Sarah Palin have?

My own views and beliefs fall in line with McCain/Palin far more readily than Obama/Biden. Palin's international inexperience would not prevent me from supporting McCain provided he is not dying... But she has work to do.

No comments: